Access to quality child care has been a persistent challenge in San Mateo County, a challenge made even more evident when COVID protocols and stay at home orders shut down facilities and parents were left scrambling to find alternatives. Lack of child care has an economic impact on families and a child’s early learning skills during an extremely critical time in their development.
I have taken child care issues seriously throughout my career, from my days working for the Child Care Coordinating Council (4C’s) to my position as a member of the State Assembly and a father.
Join me for Conversations with Kevin as I welcome a panel of child care experts to discuss the challenges San Mateo County is facing and the collaboration that is making a difference.
Joining me will be:
- Kitty Lopez, Co-Chair Build Up San Mateo County (Executive Director, First 5 San Mateo County)
- Christopher Maricle, Executive Director, Head Start California
- Sarah Kinahan, Coordinator, Child Care Partnership Council
- Michelle Blakely, Deputy Director, First 5 San Mateo County
- David Fleishman, Executive Director, 4C’s Child Care Coordinating Council of San Mateo County